Tuesday

Plan

I've looked at a range of imagery.
I like the idea of doing something Rodchenko inspired poster design - I thought about the format of a book at first and considered a book jacket, poster for the book, theatre posters etc. But I decided I want to explore the story more,

The Russian poster deign at the time of the book's production could work well and I somehow want to incorporate this. I'm considering the 'criminal' actions of Woland and his retinue - Moscow was in complete chaos and obviously the retinue were wanted men/cat/woman! can I incorporate these two elements, of the 'wanted' posters and rodchenko photomontage style, to create a set of wanted posters based on the main troublesome characters.

Behemoth is a very distinctive character - he is a walking, talking cat! 
He is so distinctive he is often used as a symbol or his image is often what is used to inform you what the book is - he is that well known!

The posters I looked at mainly used RED, BLACK and WHITE, so I think I will stick to this colour scheme. I'm gonna work at the geometric shapes and lines to create the posters etc. I also need to consider type.


No comments:

Post a Comment